Russia’s Abdul Rashid Sadulaev has become the story of this weight class. And what an amazing story it is. Sadulaev, a 2012 and 2013 Cadet World champion, stormed to the 2014 Senior World freestyle title at 86 kg/189 lbs. And he’s still a teenager. He celebrated his 19th birthday in May. He is considered the [Read More]
MINNEAPOLIS, Aug. 31, 2015 – Ty Eustice, the Director of Wrestling Operations at J Robinson Intensive Camps, will be named the new Executive Director effective on Tuesday, September 1. Eustice has spent the last three years in his current position, leading the continued success of the nation’s top Intensive Wrestling Camps, as well as expanding [Read More]
The 85 kg/187 lbs. Greco-Roman weight class at the World Championships in Las Vegas will see a bevy of wrestlers contending for a spot on the medal stand. The gold medal discussion begins with reigning World champion at 85 kg, Melonin Noumonvi of France. He is expected to be the lone World champion in the [Read More]
SARAJEVO, Bosnia-Herzogovina – Two Americans won gold medals on Sunday, Jarod Verkleeren of Pennsylvania at 63 kg /138.75 lbs. and Gable Steveson of Minnesota at 100 kg/220 lbs., the final day of the UWW Cadet World Championships. Verleeren and Steveson became the third and fourth UWW Cadet World champions for the United States this week. [Read More]
The greatest difference between our children’s sporting experience and our own is the rise of year round, sport specific organizations that ask – even require – season after season of participation in order to stay in the player development pipeline. The pressure to have your child specialize in a single sport at a young age [Read More]
- World Championships preview in freestyle wrestling at 86 kg
- EUSTICE NAMED EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF J ROBINSON CAMPS
- Former Panther Holm, World Championships preview in Greco-Roman at 85 kg/187 lbs.
- Verkleeren and Steveson win golds, Fix takes bronze to end UWW Cadet Worlds
- Is it Wise to Specialize?
- UNI Wrestling Coach Goes to Extreme to Help Young Cancer Patient
- Mike Zadick ready to return to college coaching at Virginia Tech
- Brent Metcalf ready to make run at World gold
- World Championships preview in men’s freestyle at 65 kg/143 lbs.
- No one questions the belief that Tony Ramos has in his own abilities.
- UNI 3rd in D1CW’S 2015 Team Recruiting Rankings
- MatBoss to integrate with Trackwrestling
- World Championships preview in men’s freestyle at 57 kg/125.5 lbs.
- Phillip Laux to transfer to Northwestern
- Watters takes fifth at UWW Junior Worlds
- Bonus Points Ep. 7 featuring four-time U.S. World Team member Brent Metcalf
- Rachel Watters receive draws for UWW Junior Worlds in Brazil
- Stoll Falls in Bronze Medal match
- George Ivanov Has Never Been Busier
- Iowa’s Stoll digging for gold
- Volunteer Coach, Lee Roper Joins UNI Wrestling Staff
- Independence, and English Valleys, and CRS Hawks, Honored in Best of Brand National Open Division
- Stoll to Compete at UWW Junior World Championships
- Five U.S. wrestlers ranked in August edition of UWW Greco-Roman rankings
- U.S. sending strong teams to UWW Junior World Championships in Salvador, Brazil, Aug. 11-16
Mike Zadick ready to return to college coaching at Virginia Tech - The Predicament fb.me/3IizjdLQr