Do you have any family who wrestled before you? How did they do?
- My uncles wrestled in high school. One of them went on to wrestle in college.
Did you catch on to wrestling quickly or was it a gradual process?
- I would say I caught on to wrestling quickly.
Did you wrestle in a club growing up, and if you did, how would you describe your experience with the club?
- I was in our local Lyon's Den Wrestling Program through the school.
What are a couple memorable moments from youth/JH wrestling?
learning the moves and getting better
Who were your wrestling heroes growing up?
How did you finish at state tournaments as a youth?
- I never competed in any of the state tournaments in my youth.
How did you finish at the state tournaments you wrestled in at the high school level?
- I finished 8th place at 200 lbs my junior year
Was there ever a point in your career where you noticed yourself jumping levels and making improvements?
- My junior year I felt like I made massive improvements to my skills.
Who were some of your toughest competitors in HS?
Who did you have the best battles with?
Dakota Powell (SLP)
Monte Pautabom (West Lyon)
What is your favorite style of wrestling, Folkstyle, Freestyle or Greco-Roman?
What are your wrestling goals for the upcoming high school season?
place top 4
What are some of your favorite tournaments?
How would you describe your wrestling style? Who would you compare yourself to?
i like being aggressive on my feet and feel like I'm a pinner... Jacob Warner
Do you have any regrets involving wrestling that you want to make up as a senior?
have a better state tournament
What other sports do you play and how have you done at them?
- I will be in Football and Wrestling my senior year, but I have been in track my previous years.
What are some of your hobbies besides wrestling?
What is some of the best advice you ever received, and who gave you that advice?
- hard work solves a lot of problems- dad
Stay in the weight room- Eben
Do you have any advice for up and coming wrestlers?
- Stay active and get into the weight room. Lifting has made me a better athlete.
Who were some of the most influential coaches you worked with?
- Some of the most influential coaches that have worked with me are Coach Kinnichne, Coach Eben, and Coach Jager. Coach Jager has been my coach since middle school and really helped me to decide to go out for wrestling. Coach Konnichne and Coach Eben are the main two that have pushed me to be at the level I am today.
What are your college plans? Is wrestling in your future, whether it be competing or coaching?
- My college plans right now are getting a degree in electrical engineering probably at SDSU. I don't plan on wrestling in college.
Central Lyon has had some outstanding teams, not only in wrestling but other sports, what is the future of Central Lyon wrestling?
- our goals are high. We want to win conference for the third year in a row, make it to the state duals