No. 16 UNI hosts West Virginia in the final home dual of the season for UNI wrestling Friday at 7 p.m. at West Gym. The Panthers have won five consecutive duals and the Panthers have the best record in the Big 12 at 5-1.
• Seven Panthers are ranked in various polls. Bryce Steiert and Taylor Lujan are both in the top-five across all polls. Jay Schwarm (125), Jack Skudlarczyk (133), Michael Blockhus (141), Max Thomsen (149), Bryce Steiert (174), Taylor Lujan (184) and Carter Isley (285) are all ranked.
• West Virginia is 3-9 overall and 0-4 in Big 12 wrestling. The Mountaineers have lost four consecutive duals. West Virginia's Noah Adams is ranked second at 197 and he is the only Mountaineer ranked in the Intermat poll.
• Taylor Lujan and Bryce Steiert both have Big 12 Wrestler of the Week honors. Lujan was named the Big-12 Wrestler of the Week after winning Midlands and picking a MD in the Utah Valley Dual. It is the four of his career and the second on the season for UNI. He earned his 100th win last Friday against South Dakota State. Steiert earned Big-12 Wrestler of the Week honors after taking second at the Cliff Keen Invite.
• Lujan and Bryce Steiert are both 21-2 on the season. Three other Panther Wrestlers have won 16 or more bouts on year.
• Jay Schwarm picked up his 12th pin on the season and his 46th career pin against Oklahoma. He is tied for first in the NCAA with 11 pins against Division I opponents.
• The Panther Train won wowed a McLeod Center crowd of 4,006 and won six bouts, including a Major Decision by Bryce Steiert at 184 en route to a 19-15 win over Oklahoma State, the first dual win over the Cowboys since 1991.
• Six seniors will be honored for senior day activities for the final home dual of the season.
• The Panthers travel to wrestle Iowa State at Hilton Coliseum in Ames at 2 p.m. Sunday.